I downloaded a demo for "Dawn of Discovery" by Ubisoft this last week. It's a city building game set in the early 1400's with a big emphasis on trade. Here's the link to the demo. I had a ton of fun with it and I can see myself really getting into the game. The demo only lets you play 60 minutes of the continuous game and the first 3 compaigns. In a game that I'm sure can last for literally days, 60 minutes was just scratching the surface and I was itching for more.
Unfortunately, Dawn of Discovery is new and therefore costs $50. I have a real hard time paying full price for new games. I tend to just be patient and wait for the prices to drop. I discovered that it has several predecessor games including the next most recent one entitled "1701 A.D." After reading many reviews and looking at the screen shots, the two games appear to be very similar and lucky for me, it sells for $5 new on Amazon. I couldn't pass it up.
So hopefully within the week I'll have a new game to play, "1701 A.D." It will be a nice change from Torchlight and Borderlands, the two games I'm spending the most time on currently.

1701 A.D.
No comments:
Post a Comment